A holiday bazaar and Toys for Tots

a very good combination

12/05/2012 12:31 PM

By Bonnie McGrath

11 Comments - Add Your Comment

This just in from Candyce Roa! It should be fun!

Dear Bonnie,
My name is Candyce Roa, and I am the concierge at SKY55. I was hoping you could help us with some publicity as we are hosting a “TOYS for TOTS” toy Drive along with a Holiday Bazaar.

Sky55 is very excited to be hosting our very first Holiday Bazaar on Saturday, December 15, 2012.

The Bazaar hours are from 2PM-6PM. It is also charity based event in that we are asking all customers to donate a game or toy for our annual “Toys for Tots” drive. The Bazaar is an opportunity for customers to purchase some unique gifts for the holidays such as Art & Photography, Handmade Glassware, Lia Sophia jewelry, Purses, Scarves and Gloves, as well as Scentsy products, just to name a few.

We will also serve free refreshments for all guests.
Please let me know if you need any more information regarding the event.
Candyce Roa, Sky55
1255 S. Michigan Avenue

We are no longer accepting new comments on ChicagoJournal.com

By Debbie
Posted: 12/12/2012 9:14 AM

You can buy FRESH BAKED DOG TREATS, bones, and chews at the bazaar on Dec. 15th too! I am very happy to attend this event, I sold these treats at the Printers Row Farmers Market all summer long and look forward to returning to the area. Don\'t forget the dog this Christmas! Great gifts for Granddogs, Hostess\' Dogs, Sweetheart\'s dogs, neighbor dogs..... We all have dogs in our life and I have the perfect gift. See you there!

By Candyce from South Loop
Posted: 12/07/2012 10:55 AM

New Vendors Just added for Pet Lovers: We will also have High Hopes for Pets selling treats for pets. High Hopes donates 3.5% from every sale (up to 15% of the company's profits) of every product everyday to The High Hopes for Pets Foundation — a separate, not-for-profit foundation whose mission is to help local shelters and animal organizations care and find homes for pets everywhere.Another featured vendor for pets is the PAW PRINT BAKERY. They provide outstanding fresh baked pet treats.

By RS from Southloop
Posted: 12/06/2012 9:34 AM

I used to live in the building, and still visit friends there from time to time and I am always so impressed with the number of events I\'ve seen take place over this past year. I think that its great to see Sky55 become a part of helping out the community. I will definitely be stopping by!

By Jenifer Digiovanni from South Loop
Posted: 12/06/2012 0:36 AM

Wow~! What a great contribution Sky 55 is making during the Holiday Season. Thank you, Candyce, for the information. So many needed and important charities to contribute to during the Holidays and Toys For Tots is one that I think tugs at most everyone's heart. I can't wait to shop for a much needed gift for a child. Thank you , Sky 55 for caring and making a difference for these children!! Merry Christmas, to all.

By Renee Pena from Midway
Posted: 12/05/2012 4:46 PM

So excited about this event. I have a little one at home so I love attending charities that support children. Way to go Sky 55! See you on the 15th.

By Anonymous from South Loop
Posted: 12/05/2012 4:33 PM

Great Idea! Looking forward to the event!

By Anonymous from South Loop
Posted: 12/05/2012 4:17 PM

Great idea! They are also doing a coat drive now! I bought some gifts last year from a vendor there...not sure if she will be there this year, but either way, great last minute shopping without even leaving the building.

By Jaclyn Vasquez from South Loop
Posted: 12/05/2012 3:40 PM

What a great start to the season of giving!! I live in Skyy 55 and I am always impressed with the events that are coordinated for us. They host drives for school supplies, food pantry, coats, soldiers and toys. What a great sense of community, always giving back to help those in need in our own city.

By Anonymous from South Loop
Posted: 12/05/2012 1:11 PM

What a wonderful idea! Thanks Sky55!

By Rebecca Reed from South Loop
Posted: 12/05/2012 1:07 PM

I Love giving to Toys for Tots! Please attend and have some fun! Thank you Candyce and Sky55 for setting up this Holiday Bazaar!

By Dan Canter from South Loop
Posted: 12/05/2012 12:55 PM

This will be very exciting!! It is a great opportunity to pick out some additional or last minute gifts while giving to an excellent charity "Toys For Tots" that Sky55 has supported for years! Happy Holidays!