Downtown Chase robbed

09/26/2012 10:00 PM

No Comments - Add Your Comment

The Chase Bank at 200 W. Jackson Blvd. was robbed by a man with a note at 12:44 p.m. Monday, Sept. 24. Police said a man approached the teller at 12:44 p.m. and handed her a note demanding $100 bills and $50 bills.

The teller complied with his demands and used a counter-top cash dispenser while also activating a robbery alarm. The man then took $1,000 and placed it in his clothing and left in an unknown direction.

Dangerous shoes

Police arrested a Richton Park woman after an altercation outside the Shrine nightclub, 2109 S. Wabash Ave., at 1:50 a.m. Sunday, Sept. 23. Police said they saw a group of women fighting outside the club Sept. 23, being separated by security guards, with one security guard, a 27-year-old woman from Willowbrook, injured with a lacerated head.

Police said the fight started inside the club and security guards pushed the offenders outside where the group again began to argue and fight. When security guards again attempted to intervene, police said the women started to fight with the security guards and one woman took off her shoe and allegedly hit the security guard in the head.

The guard declined medical attention. The woman, 24, was charged with aggravated battery.

Groped on Red Line

A 23-year-old Chicago woman reported that she was groped on a northbound CTA Red Line train at noon Thursday, Sept. 20. The woman told police she was talking on her cell phone when she felt something rubbing her thigh.

She looked down and saw the hand of a man sitting behind her.

When she confronted him, she told police that he smiled and looked down at his newspaper. She then tried to move to another seat and the offender moved two seats behind her.

Becoming fearful, police said, she moved to exit the car when the man came up and rubbed up against her. The woman then exited the car and found the conductor, who searched the train but could not find the suspect.

Beaten with bat and assaulted

A 25-year-old Chicago woman was struck with a baseball bat and sexually assaulted while walking at 2 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 16 in the first block of W. Van Buren St.

The woman told police that someone appeared at her side and struck her with the bat and knocked her to the ground before assaulting her. She said she fought off her assailant and struck him with a pencil from her handbag before he fled on foot. She then went home and called 911 to report the crime to police.

Beaten and stabbed in ‘L’ station

Two Northwestern Hospital employees were waiting for a CTA train at the Red Line’s Randolph-Washington Stop at 6:40 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 23 when one of them was assaulted by a man selling bus transfers.

The victim told police the man walked up to him and asked if we wanted to buy some transfers and when he said he didn’t he became enraged and began yelling and pulled out a pocket knife, which he held in his fist.

He then began punching the victim, police said, with the fist holding the closed knife. The victim suffered lacerations to his forehead and nose and was transported to Northwestern Hospital. Witnesses said the suspect was a regular at the station, selling bus passes and transfers.

iPhone stolen

A man and woman took an iPhone and $100 from a 27-year-old Chicago man Saturday, Sept. 22 at 50 W. Lake St., after the man approached the victim and asked to use his phone because the woman was going into labor. He then grabbed the phone, reached in the man’s pocket and took $100 and the couple fled westbound on Lake St.

This summary contains information taken from the crime reports and arrest records from the 1st District of the Chicago Police Department. Anyone named has only been charged with a crime. The cases have not yet been adjudicated.

—Compiled by Mike Ulreich

We are no longer accepting new comments on